Monday, July 16, 2012

A major administrative appointment


Even though his campaign is in the early stages, congressional candidate Chicken Little has announced the appointment of his chief of staff.

Chicken Little
He told me exclusively that while he didn’t want his campaign to go the dogs, this was a chance he could not pass up. “I’m not going let this one flee the coop,” C.L. said, “which is why I am pleased to announce that Fido has joined my organization.

But really, I asked, a candidate with only one name?  “Hey, it’s worked for Cher, Prince and Pink, right?”  I can’t argue.  I found Fido to be, like C.L., a pleasant and down-to-earth candidate.  “I don’t have a specific agenda, which is why Chick and I get along and work together so well,” Fido said.

Fido
I was curious why he kept one name.   “Well, I have thought about adding a second name, but us canine’s like to keep things simple, you know like Lassie, Goofy, Pluto.  But unlike them, my name actually means something.”

No way, I thought.  At first I thought this canine had spent too much time at the fire hydrant, until he explained.  “It actually stands for Forget It, Drive On.”

Really?  How interesting.  “It’s not only a cool name, it represents my own personal point of view.”  I asked him how.  “There are some fights worth fighting, but after a while when the evidence proves that you’re wrong, or you have an invalid argument, it’s time to “drive on.”

Drive on?  “Yes,” he said, “drive your efforts on to another project or initiative that may be more productive.”

Little beamed.  “This is why I want him as my chief of staff.  We want to represent all of the people and not belittle a point over and over again.  By having Fido on staff and using his name as my campaign promise and method of operation, I am excited about the prospects of serving the people of the 10th district.”

Little and Fido have the potential to make a great team.  Little realizes that the sky is not falling and Fido, following his own good name, realizes the importance of serving all of the people all of the time.

I asked Little if there were any revelations that the media or citizen groups might latch on to.

“Like what?,” he asked.  Well supposed word gets out that he really is a son of a #$$% “Don’t go there,” bellowed Little.  I don’t want the public to get the wrong message.  But you’re right, he really is, but we’re being very open and transparent about it.”

“Yeah, I hear that all the time,” Fido said. “But the important thing is the message, not the name.”

Fido – Forget it, drive on.

Sounds like a plan to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment